WELCOME TO OUR LADY OF LOURDES SCHOOL OF NURSING, DHARWAD.

History

OUR LADY OF LOURDES CHARITABLE HOSPITAL, DHARWAD.

Our Lady of Lourdes, a charitable hospital, had its humble beginning as a small dispensary on 11th February 1958 under the administratorship of Sr. Leonarda Casiraghi, an Italian missionary. The vision of this hospital was 1st conceived in the heart of Miss. Gertrude Fernandez who contributed generously and became the catalyst for this noble project. The institution belongs to the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of Saints Bartolomea Capitanio and Vincenza Gerosa.

Though it began as a small pebble, later as the need arose, it expanded to give care for out patients and inpatients. Statistics shows, in the year 2011, the total number of cases treated were 8072 as inpatient and 42,255 as out patients.

It provides all the possible specialty services such as Medical, Surgical, Maternity, Pediatrics, ICU, Orthopedic, Ophthalmology, ENT, OT, X-ray, USG, Laboratory, Causality, Physiotherapy and Blood Bank.

Top